Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Suttons Bay Animal Hospital located?
The facility is located 1 mile south of Suttons Bay and 15 miles north of Traverse City on South West Bay Shore Drive (M-22).
- Why should I spay or neuter my puppy, and when should it be done?
- Puppy Visit Schedule
- When does my new puppy need to be seen by a veterinarian?
- When do you switch from puppy foods to adult food?
- How do I introduce my new puppy to my current cat(s) and dog(s)?
- When does my new kitten need to be seen by a veterinarian?
- When do you switch from kitten foods to adult food?
- Should I declaw my kitten?
- Why should I spay or neuter my kitten, and when should it be done?
- Kitten Visit Schedule
- Can dogs see colors?
- How do dogs get heartworms?
- Why is chocolate bad for dogs? What other household items can cause toxicity?
- Why do dogs need annual physical examinations with their vaccinations?
- What should I vaccinate my dog against?
- My dog has terrible anxiety when I leave the house, what should I do?
- My dog is eating grass, is this bad?
- Why do I need to vaccinate my indoor cat?
- Why does my cat need an annual exam? He seems fine!
- Should my cat be on heartworm preventative?
- Can cats see colors?
- Rules for Keeping Cats Litterbox Happy
- What is a microchip?
- Will my “GPS” track my microchipped animal?
- How is a microchip implanted? Does it require surgery or anesthesia?
- How does a microchip help reunite a lost animal with its owner?
- My pet is having surgery tomorrow… What do I need to do?
- When do I spay or neuter my pet?
- Food Hazards
- Poisonous Plants
- My animal is in pain, can I give her something from my medicine cabinet?
- How do I deal with fleas in my house?
- How to handle a flea emergency!
- My cat doesn’t go outside, and my dog only does to go to the bathroom. Do I need flea preventative?
How old is my cat?
Use this chart to calculate how old your cat really is.
How old is my dog?
Use this chart to calculate how old your dog really is.